Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

IT'S SNOWING!!!! YIPEEEEEE!!!!

Look, I know it's hardly as good as Canada or North America or hundreds of other places but for a girl from a country where it is currently nearing 50 celcius & on fire, you can understand my excitement. I surprised the Prince by stating that this is why I was here LOL. Well there are loads of other reasons (The Prince being the MAIN one of course) but snow is a damn good one in my books. 
I had it on good authority this week, from a local taxi driver no less & we know how accurate they are about stuff, that no, we would definitely not have any snow.
Thank goodness he was wrong. I missed the snow last year as I was back in Australia & I really thought that I was going to miss out this year but this morning we awoke to light flurries that got heavier & heavier as the day progressed. It stopped at around 5pm, so all up around 12 hours of snow or 4 inches (deeper in parts because of the drifts).
Not sure how the plants are going to cope but I want the bins to look this pretty all the time LOL
Finally snow on the Xmas tree
The front yard with The Prince's footprints after putting peanuts out for the squirrel
Howdy neighbours! Looks just like a post card!
 Of course no snow day would be complete without a trip to the seafront because let's face it snow & sea?? Bonus!!!




Snow people & beach huts? Absolutely!!
I have been grinning like a Cheshire cat all day. I know one day I may whinge about the delays it causes but today is NOT that day. Can't think of a better post to be my 100th.

Loving what I do

Lush x

5 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!
Feel free to become a follower before you GoGo :)
Sorry folks but too many spam comments lately so the word verification is going on for a little while. Once I am no longer "BIG" in Russia I will take it off.