Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Jammy Dodgers!

Tried my hand at making jam today. Ginger, peach and nectarine. A little dark cause it caught a bit on the side of the pan but all up not bad for a first try. Just a little yummy.





And in even better news The Prince took the pipe off the bathroom sink and found the lost crown!!!(days after it wentdown) It was comedy gold - eating a caramel lolly I should not have been, out comes the crown and straight down the sink as I was trying to clean it!!
Whoo hoo!!! No $2000 bill for me, 20 minutes at the dentist and the crown is back on the tooth and I am cooking steak for dinner. Not even a wrinkle in the cape - my hero!!


Do what you love, love what you do.


Lush



2 comments:

  1. Oh good heavens... ginger, nectarine, and peach... yummmmm. I'll have to see if I can find some good peaches this year and try that combo out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the easiest recipe ever! Measure your fruit (or guesstimate) use half that measure of sugar, enough grated ginger to your taste (I used about 2 tablespoons) and as I had no lemons I used the juice of 2 limes. Boil till it coats a spoon and YUMMO!!
    I probably cooked this a little long but it just gives a fantastic toffee colour and taste.
    Thanks for being my first comment!! I feel like a real blogger now.
    Cheers
    Lush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!
Feel free to become a follower before you GoGo :)
Sorry folks but too many spam comments lately so the word verification is going on for a little while. Once I am no longer "BIG" in Russia I will take it off.